Friday, March 13, 2015

urban art~New York City

I'm a firm believer that beauty can be found wherever you are. It can be a beautiful vista, beautiful architecture, or a beautiful moment. It's easier to be a glass-half-empty sort, and I definitely have my share of pessimism, but looking for the beauty in the world around me balances me, keeps my eyes out and around and up from myself. I do love the natural, the majestic, but I also love urban art. We, being made in the image of God to display His splendor, have been given art, displayed in many different ways to the world. Here are a few of my favorites...




I love the actual photograph of this, taken in Times Square when the news announcing the end of World War II poured over the country--the joyous, euphoric jubilation that I can only imagine not having lived in that time. Walking along the Chelsea Highline, this psychedelic re-creation made my heart smile.
On the boundary/intersection where Chinatown becomes Little Italy
This FDNY Ladder lost six men on 9/11...never forget

The Brooklyn Bridge arched over the Empire State Building
The sweetest urban art of all, NYC playground art and I'm not just talking about the chalk drawings...

No comments:

Post a Comment