Thursday, March 5, 2015

that first moment...Isle of Palms


If I could tap my heels together like Dorothy and say, “There's no place like [the beach], there's no place like [the beach],” and be magically whisked away to my personal sandy paradise, I would in an instant. I would toss my glittered heals in haste yet savor the stroll to the boundary where waves lap the sandy shore. 
There is something about that first moment back on the beach after a long absence. My kids feel it too and the beach has become a favorite vacation. 

We spent a stint in Knoxville, Tennessee for my husband's work. Charleston is five hours away and the closest beach so we made a weekend trip to this lovely Southern city and its beautiful beaches. I've never lived where the beach was so “accessible” and it was enough to make me want to relocate.


We left around noon on Friday and rolled into Charleston around sunset, navigating to the closest beach according to our GPS. Gorgeous. Just thought I'd share our first moments, the twilight hour at Isle of Palms.









No comments:

Post a Comment