Friday, March 27, 2015

springtime~Hearst Castle

Tis the season, I'm into spring. My son teases me because I use the phrase "Tis the Season" quite often. I love seasonal anything. Whatever is seasonal, especially food, I grab it. Last autumn, while shopping at Trader Joe's, every pumpkin-themed item in the store found its way into our cart. My husband rolled his eyes multiple times. He says that advertising was created especially for me...the target for all seasonal "propaganda."


I love seasonal food, but I also love seasonal activities. I won't miss the aspens changing in the mountains and the elk bugling season, and I won't miss the blossoming trees in spring. No matter if I'm home or traveling, I search out seasonal gems. My favorite season in which to travel is autumn, but a close second is spring. Late spring, you can usually count on good weather and as I said, every place has its spring gems. My brother and I toured Hearst Castle, several hours south of San Francisco. A beauty.










No comments:

Post a Comment