Wednesday, March 11, 2015

mystery trip revealed!



ROOM WITH A VIEW...looks fake, but so beautifully real!


And my mystery birthday trip destination was...drum roll please...Las Vegas! My brother and I had a blast and I felt so loved with his sweet, extravagant planning. We strolled the Strip, shopped a little, people-watched, talked, played slots, sat by the pool and ATE A LOT OF FOOD--Shake Shack, Yard House, Purple Zebra and the Bellagio buffet. We watched the Fountains of Bellagio so many times I lost track.


We admired creative, innovative, and artistic brilliance...Vegas has great beauty with so much of the creative mind on display in shows, sculpture, decor, design, the list goes on. I won't ignore the darker side of Vegas. There is much I saw and much I know that makes my heart hurt, but I don't believe that negates the beauty that is there. I think the beauty speaks of a marvelous, creative God who has given so many gifts and talents.

You ever have those "dream come true" moments. I did. We stayed at the Bellagio. BELLAGIO. We had a room that looked out over the Bellagio Fountains that I love so much and looked straight across to the Eiffel Tower (does not matter that it wasn't the real one, it was lovely).

The theatre for Le Reve...yes, that's water...



We saw Le Reve: The Dream. There are really no words. Amazing, awe-inspiring, super-human, brilliant, creative genius, none seem to capture it accurately. I would have tears in my eyes one moment, be laughing in surprise the next, and pick my jaw off the floor a second later. It gave me that feeling of child-like delight--a rising giggle that couldn't be suppressed accompanied with eyes trying to soak in every second of wonder. I could have sat there ALL NIGHT LONG. I also thought that maybe I should start working out more...just sayin'. Again, such a treat.
In case you weren't sure where to go...

I was spoiled. Such a gift. Memories to savor.

Thanks to my sweet brother and thanks to my sweet husband who helped coordinate and took time off from work to be with our kids (and he even had the flu :-(...)





Ocean's Eleven anyone?

From the comfort of our room, comfy chairs, no crazy masses of people...perfect.

 BELLAGIO BEAUTY...
I like Vegas in the morning, I enjoyed watching these gals do flower "touch-ups" in this beautiful botanical conservatory.





Largest chocolate fountain in the world!
It never gets old...

No comments:

Post a Comment