1. BED BUGS ~ read about this family adventure here.
- Some day I may not see pictures of bedbugs in every article and newsfeed on my phone. I was researching how to deal with these little monsters so extensively, bedbug extermination tips and related businesses are apparently the only advertisements I will ever see again. Irritating. Salt in a wound.
- Bedbugs did not exist before the fall of man, or maybe they were more like ladybugs, but I digress...
- The above picture will soon be hanging in my laundry room. This is how I felt and how very tempted I was to crawl into an industrial dryer, click my heels and get out of OZ.
- new company for my husband
- new classes and so much lovely learning for me
- + so much of the every day ordinary ups and downs and messy beauty.
- Oh, and my kids are doing PARKOUR! My brother may have placed bets on how soon and how often we will see the inside of an ER and/or Urgent Care. But my youngest girl is a delight to watch ~ like she found her home planet.
- I saw an Instagram site once that said "Instagram killed my blog". I totally get it.
- But how do I love Instagram? Let me count the ways...
- Brave Writer // @juliebravewriter & the blog
- Instagram // @poetryteatime
- Build A Path for the Soul: 12 Poems, 12 Hymns, 12 Scripture Passages
- I really enjoyed this book about Denmark this summer ~ I did not come away thinking Denmark was amazing. Like every country, it holds claim to great strengths and deep weaknesses. But still, great read.
- I most like the Danish concept/practice of Hygge.
I hope this post finds you well, encouraged and choosing hope.
(Some pictures of our recent months...)
|Soft boiled eggs and hot cocoa for breakfast...|
|Poetry Tea Time|
|It's important to buy pretty cakes sometimes.|
|More Poetry Tea Time with homemade maple cakes by Cece|
|Many nights called for sparkling cider in stemmed glassware just because.|
|Brother-sister sugar-cube pyramid creation|
|This version of audio fairy tales is just lovely...|
|Dinner party using only recipes from Bread & Wine by Shauna Niequist.|
|When you don't have a fireplace, Netflix delivers. Hanging with D during a wintry cold day and loving it.|
|Laundromat pizza picnic (one of many)|
|This is how you save a table in the laundromat...evidently. No one sat here ALL DAY. I know because I was there ALL DAY.|