Wednesday, February 3, 2016

300 days of beauty, day 23

"For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:13-16
 

This girl.

I look at her and marvel at God's sovereignty.

I smile at my girl, born in a land-locked, semi-tropical Central American village, who loves the snow with her whole heart.

I love that she would go barefoot every day if she could, she adores rice (which is the only food we could get her to eat when we brought her home), she dances with grace and innate talent, she devours audio books, and she could spend every day baking in the kitchen.

Back to the snow--I love watching her in snow. For me it represents a path and setting so different than what she seemed destined for at birth. Her life experience repertoire would most likely not have included snow. I realize this is one superficial fact, the truth is much more profound. 

I don't know why He chose her to be plucked out of her country of birth, but I know He did. Just as I know He chose our family for her and her for our family. 

I watch her play in the snow, icicles in her raven-black hair, crusty snow on her caramel-colored skin, and glittery snowflakes clinging to her eyelashes as she swipes droplets out of her gorgeous eyes, described aptly on her birth certificate as "coffee [cafe]". And her joy, so much joy. Beautiful.

I marvel and I'm so very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment