Monday, January 25, 2016

300 days of beauty, day 16 [road trip gem]

After driving thousands of miles, what is one more detour? We needed dinner and I love art. Cue the GIANT Van Gogh painting in Goodland, Kansas. 

ROAD TRIP GEM. 

The Christmas lights and miniature looking FedEx truck add the finishing touches. I also smiled at the tractors decked out for the holidays just down the street. I'm not making fun. I love the Kansas and Eastern Colorado plains and spent quite a bit of my childhood relishing in the beauty of rolling wheat fields as far as the eye can see.

My husband turned around so I could capture this picture properly. Do you see a theme with his tolerance of my habit? We understand each other.

Also, this painting (the real one) happens to be the first famous painting I had the opportunity to see in person. I traveled to London as my high school graduation present. We toured the National Gallery and I went searching for my Sunflowers right away. Prints shown in school classrooms cannot do justice to seeing the brush strokes up close. Van Gogh runs a tight race with Monet for my favorite artist.

I'm telling you, I love this country we live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment