Sunday, January 24, 2016

300 days of beauty, day 15 [road trip gem]

We are one road-tripping family. The kind that will drive hours out of the way to check one more state off of our list. The kind that says, "Hey, it's only four hours to West Virginia, let's make a day of it!" 

[This may have been me more than my husband, but he is such a good sport.]

[Totally worth it, by the way. Appalachian mountains at peak fall foliage...no words.]

Anyway, the point being that this country we live in is AMAZING. It's so very diverse and unique with gems to be found at every turn. In this case, literally.

It took me many attempts to capture this road sign. I literally rode in the passenger seat for many miles with my camera aimed and semi-focused as my husband tried to see up ahead enough to alert me to the sign's appearance.

Finally! Success.

I loved this sign. I loved the horse-drawn buggies clopping down the roads and highways (although that made me nervous for them). The uniqueness for me was not a gawky, that's weird sort of unique, but more like admiration, respect, and that's simply beautiful sort of unique. A very different life than where God has me, but a part of His masterpiece just the same.

Road trip gems. Time with my family. Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment