Tuesday, March 15, 2016

300 days of beauty, day 38 [perseverance]


I've continued my training for a half-marathon. It has required discipline and mental fortitude that I have not tapped since I trained for my black belt test. There is beauty in the work, the aches, the pain, and the exhaustion. Last Friday I completed an eight-mile run, a very slow eight miles I might add. I have never run a distance of that length. I have hiked more, but that is different. I was so tired at the end of this run, while I was cooling down and hydrating, I was eating a banana and I bit into the the peel without realizing it. My hands could hardly continue to peel the banana.
The end of the run is still the best--like getting to take snow boots off at the end of a day of skiing.

No comments:

Post a Comment