Thursday, April 7, 2016

Birthday trip! [Seattle]

I disappeared for a bit. One word. Vortex.

I had a glorious (my daughter's favorite adjective) trip to Seattle. Pictures will litter this blog through the weekend.



Also, I started an Instagram account for this blog. At some point I will figure out how to link from this blog, but not yet. If I haven't mentioned it before, I'm really a pen and paper sort of girl. Decidedly old-fashioned. I know I don't live in an old-fashioned world, nor it is the world I write in, but I avoid what I can. So, those pesky (probably simple) updates and upgrades for this blog and social media accounts are quite slow in coming. 

The Instagram account will essentially be an ode to books. I don't always have time to review or highlight the myriad of books I read, so this will allow me to do so, at least in part. If you are so inclined, you can follow me: @literaturethreads .

In other news, this weekend my husband and I are headed to the mountains for a hut trip with four other couples. This entails backpacking to the hut, which is really up to the hut, gaining 1,221 feet over 2.6 miles and ending at 10,878 feet. In case you are wondering, this is high...like hard to breath high. Especially when you have a pack, snowshoes, and lots of layers. Other details: unplugged, no electricity, a mountain stream for water, with the necessary being an outhouse. Oh, and I'm sure it will be gorgeous and stunning and serene, but right now I'm exhausted and getting buried in packing supplies.

I had a moment of weakness several months back and I agreed to this. It's out of my comfort zone big time, but it's good to do those things that I secretly believe I can't do. I think so at least. Ask me on Monday.

Pictures to come!

In the meantime, enjoy Seattle!



No comments:

Post a Comment