Sunday, September 13, 2015

hair day! yep, a WHOLE day...

It's the hobby I never imagined that I would have, but I love it. Our pool is now closed so it was time to work with Belle's hair and give her the extensions that she loves so much. Black hair is high maintenance, but it's really amazing. Created by God, a beautiful masterpiece, an exquisite compilation of art and architecture. That may sound strange, but as I've learned to work with her hair, I think art and architecture aptly describe what it's like to style black hair and how unique it is.

My skills are constantly developing. I have learned much and have much to learn. I have gathered tips and tricks from so many people, book, articles and websites (I like Chocolate Hair Vanilla Care). In the beginning I understood that hair was a big deal. I want her to love her hair. It is one part of how God has intricately woven her together and it's a part of her heritage.

Hair takes a WHOLE day and then some. I have D and Cece helping with all sorts of errands and hair assistance. We do it as a family. We watch a lot of Netflix too. They take turns picking shows, but Belle has to mostly approve of each choice because she is the one who has to sit ALL DAY. I intervene sometimes as Dora, Diego, Peg + Cat etc. for eight hours can make about anyone crazy. 

This time my neighbor/friend and her daughter (who also has beautiful chocolate hair) came over for part of the day. The two girls sat in tall chairs side by side, transfixed by TV shows and had their hair worked on. When Belle whimpered from a tight pull, her friend told her it would be okay. In turn, Belle also assured her friend that "It hurts a little bit, but then it will be okay..." So cute. My friend and I were saying we should try and do hair together more often, even for part of the process.

Hair pics!




No comments:

Post a Comment